So lately we've been really flipp'n busy lately. We've eagerly been trudging through the process of buying our first house. Jessi started her new job and has begun traveling like a crazy-woman. I've also been super busy with work, so we have to find creative quick recipes to satisfy our busied-up lifestyle. As if all that isn't enough, we're also in the midst of planning our wedding. I found a moment to track down this little beauty from Food.com. We changed some things (like the seasoning) and also used blue brie instead of regular brie and threw on some pine nuts. It's the perfect combination of a warm salad with a delightful semi-sweet dressing, topped with hot-off-the-grill chicken breasts smothered in a brie blue cheese! If that doesn't sound good enough, add the smoked crunch of bacon to the salad to get speaking less, and eating more at the table. We also thought you all needed a break from all of our seafood posts we've been doing lately :) Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 to 8 slices blue-brie cheese, about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- All spice
- Garlic powder
- Heat a 1 tbsp. of the olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, all spice & garlic powder (just enough to lightly & evenly coat the chicken). Add chicken to hot pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Place 1 to 2 slices of blue-brie on top of chicken, cover with foil and place back on grill pan for another 1 minute, until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil and chopped shallots to the pan and saute.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the mixture to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour the warm vinaigrette over the spinach and toss to coat.
- Portion the spinach onto plates and place chicken/brie on top. Crumble the bacon strips over top and sprinkle with pine nuts.