I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! It sure was hard for us to go back to work yesterday! First of all, I must give you a disclaimer about the below recipe. We did not have all of the ingredients that the original called for (found here). We quickly jotted down the ingredients one rushed Sunday afternoon and wrote 'endive lettuce', when turns out it called for 1 Belgian endive and frisée lettuce. It also called for roasted chicken breasts, to be seasoned with smoked salt. Well, we just cooked some chicken breasts on the grill pan and did not have this seasoned salt they spoke of, so omitted it. With that said, what is typed below is exactly how we made this. Have you all had endive lettuce? Yuck! We ended up just eating the chicken mixture and leaving the endive on the plate. The next night, we decided to use the leftovers in a wrap and to add feta cheese. Yum! I definitely recommend just mixing the top ingredients and serving it as a side or as a wrap. I may try adding the endive and smoked salt next time too... I was a little scared about the cherries b/c I'm not usually the biggest fan, but they were quite tasty!
- 3 large grilled chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup roasted walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 head endive lettuce
- Place chicken, walnuts and cherries in a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the walnut oil into the balsamic vinegar and season with black pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the chicken mixture and toss well to coat.
- Serve over a bed of endive lettuce.