Needed a quick meal tonight and it was too cold and rainy to use the grill, so I decided to whip up a dill salmon rub. I spiced up a sun-dried tomato boxed couscous with some extra sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. This made a nice bed for the salmon on the plate and was a great compliment to the fish. We topped it with some spinach, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, green onions, and feta (not listed in ingredients - feel free to spice it up however you'd like!).
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. dill
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1.5 lb. fresh salmon
- 1 box sun-dried tomato couscous
- 1/2 cup jar sun-dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Rub fish with olive oil.
- Douse top of fish with 1/2 of the lemon juice.
- Combine salt, pepper, dill, red pepper, lemon pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Rub on top of fish.
- Cover salmon in aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the fat begins to cook out of the fish. After the initial 1o minutes, cover the fish with the remaining lemon juice.
- Cook couscous according to box directions
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts