This was supposed to be a quick meal of chicken salad and couscous, but after reading a yummy looking recipe on the back of the couscous box, we decided to give it a try. We didn't use the avocado and added snow peas to the original recipe. It's a nice, light meal that could be served as a side. And this is the first of our posts that I (jessi) have taken the picture :)
- 1 - 8 oz. box couscous (mediterranean style if you can find it)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 10-15 snow peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil (or 1.5 tsp dry basil)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mandarin oranges, cut into pieces (about 2-3)
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup carrot, sliced thin
- 1 peeled, diced avocado (we didn't have one so omitted it)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Boil the water and add the couscous and 1 tsp olive oil. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute the snow peas in a skillet with 1 tbsp. olive oil and the garlic.
- Fluff gently with a fork and let cool. Add the snow peas and other remaining ingredients, mix well and serve.