We love making bruschetta - it's so easy and makes a great side to any dinner. This one is more of a classic bruschetta compared to some of our others and can go with basically any dish. If you don't like or have goat cheese, you can use mozzarella or blue cheese.
- 1 baguette (whichever kind is your favorite - we typically use a whole wheat), cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil (enough to coat each slice of bread)
- garlic powder (to sprinkle over baguette pieces)
- salt (to sprinkle over bread pieces)
- 5-10 fresh basil leaves (1 for each piece - so just decide how many pieces you want)
- 1 medium sized tomato, thickly diced
- ~4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 handful chives, chopped with kitchen scissors
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Spread olive oil over each piece of baguette. Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until slightly tanned.
- Remove from oven. Top each piece with one basil leaf and an equal portion of the tomatoes. Top with goat cheese crumbles and snipped chives. Continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and baguette is browned.