So this is the other half of our pork spare rib meal. It is savoy cabbage with a really light oil and lemon dressing that is topped with toasted walnuts. It is super easy and pretty tasty. The squeeze of lemon keeps the apples from browning. Oh yeah, the dark stuff in the corner that is some delectable Guinness.
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- splash of heavy cream
- 1 extra-crisp apple, peeled and cored
- 1 big squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 small savoy cabbage
- 1 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- Whisk the apple cider and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to season. Gradually whisk in olive oil then the cream. Set aside.
- Shred the apple on the large holes of a box grater. Put apple pieces in a bowl of cold water with the squeeze of lemon.
- Cut cabbage into a very fine chiffonade (thin strips)
- Just before serving, drain the apples and toss with the cabbage, walnuts, and dressing in a large bowl. Add more salt/pepper if desired.