These tomatoes are soo good! And they're very quick to throw together. They would make a good side to any dish, especially pasta. We served them with a delicious London broil - we'll post the recipe for it soon. Use as much or little cheese as you like, of course the more, the better it tastes! I think Michael's halves might have also had a little extra olive oil too :) If you're cooking for two, you may want to use just 1 or 2 tomatoes, depending on how hungry you are. You can also save any extra halves in the fridge for the next night - just reheat them in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.