So this is the last of our wonderful Valentines Day supper that we've been spreading out over the past few posts. We accompanied our salmon and ginger salad with this delectable onion. If you want a side that is easier-then-ever to prepare and produces out-of-this-world taste, then this recipe is for you. Nothing beats a slow-roasted yellow onion cooked in butter and beef bouillon... mmm delicious!
This post is dedicated to Michael's mom - she always used to make it when they were growing up :)
- 1 Large sweet yellow (Vidalia) onion
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons smart balance
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash beef boullion cube and butter together into a paste.
- Peel, trim ends, and slice onion in half.
- Carve out a small bowl in the canter of the onion.
- Place onion in small baking dish carved side up.
- Cover carved bowl and top's with boullion-butter spread.
- Cook for approx. 40min or until tender.