Asparagus season is here, yay! We both love it and the recent issue of Eating Well has lots of great recipes for it. You might think this one looks a little strange with eggs on top and all. Think of it as asparagus with a Caesar dressing-ish twist. The eggs are optional, but I think they complete the dish. If you use them, start boiling them first, then move on to the rest of the recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 2 pound), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss asparagus with oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread on a baking sheet and roast, stirring once halfway through, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan, water, garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl. To serve, drizzle the asparagus with the sauce and top with hard-boiled egg.