Finally Michael gave in to making a vegetarian dish! I also got some fun new plates at Marshall's to showcase it :) I've been waiting on these dishes to go on clearance for months - I love that store! Anyways, this recipe is very easy and fast - but wasn't as flavorful as we were hoping. Next time, we might add some garlic or dijon mustard and some salt to kick up the flavor a bit. If you decide to try this dish & come up with some good additions, let us know! You can serve it right away (the arugula will wilt a little, which is fine) or put it in the fridge for later. This recipe can serve about 4.
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2-inch-long) slices fresh asparagus (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (3 ounces) fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- Cook pasta according to package directions (usually about 7-9 mins), omitting salt and fat.
- Add asparagus to pasta during last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, combine vinegars, oil, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add pasta mixture, arugula, and remaining ingredients; toss to coat.