We don't post nearly enough lunch recipes, considering how much we both love making elaborate sammies w. lots of yummy ingredients. Typically we just use deli meat, so this one with fresh tuna was a treat. You can modify the ingredients anyway you'd like. You could use feta instead of gorgonzola or omit the cheese all together, because the dressing adds nice flavor. I definitely recommend this sammie! Serves 4.
On another note, tomorrow is Cheffresco's first birthday! Since we aren't likely going to be posting two days in a row, I figured I should go ahead and mention it now. We sure have found a lot of delicious recipes in the past year & the blog has definitely forced us to try new things. It's been fun and I sure have learned a lot about cooking! My Mom should be proud considering I'm not sure she had too much hope for my culinary skills a hear and a half ago :)
And finally, we have the pictures of our new kitchen! At last a pantry, bottom-shelf fridge and storage space - no more cereal boxes above the fridge! We even have a shelf just for cheffresco plates. :)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tuna medallions
- Sesame seeds, enough to sprinkle over medallions
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole wheat rolls, halved
- Green lettuce, as much as desired for sandwiches
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup jarred artichoke hearts, well drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the tuna medallions with 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Sear the medians for approximately 45 seconds to a minute and a half per side depending on the thickness of medallion and desired rareness. Remove from heat and set aside. When cool, slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in the olive oil. Drizzle mixture over both sides of the sandwich halves.
- Place the lettuce, tomato, onion, artichokes, cheese and tuna on bottom halves of the rolls. Close with top roll and serve.