Here's a crockpot recipe for ya. I love crockpot meals because of how tender meat gets, but definitely don't cook them enough. For some reason, I just don't have a whole lot of good crockpot recipes I'm dying to make. We modified this one from crockpotchicken.net, which has a ton of different chicken crockpot ideas. Let me know if anyone has any great recipes I should try! This is a good one because it's nice and easy and very healthy. It may not look very flavorful from the pic, but it's actually pretty tasty. To liven it up a bit, throw on some sour cream or shredded cheddar. We served it over some white rice (of course, choose brown as the more healthy option :) Sorry I'm not writing much else, but it's getting late and I am getting sleepy! Have a good night!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15.5 oz can pinto beans, drained
- 1 15.25 oz can corn kernels, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, halved
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot and cover with corn and beans.
- Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl and pour over crockpot mixture.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Top with cilantro and serve with rice or tortillas.