After over a two month hiatus, we are back at last! This summer has flown by and we've been out of town nearly every weekend, which left little time for 'ole Cheffresco. A trip to Montana to see Michael's sis, a beach trip with my fam, weddings and weekend excursions to the mountains and lakes filled the summer. And now it's starting to cool down and finally feel like fall. Normally I hate to see summer go, but the humid, hot, sticky days were brutal. Plus I love all things pumpkin, which September tends to bring. Soup, bread, lattes - ole!
A few pics from the summer...
The tasty little nuggets you see below are super easy to make and are guaranteed crowd pleasers. They're pretty much a little bite of heaven. Of course, how can you go wrong with mini, cheesy prosciutto pizzas? I've even made them twice, which you know means they're good.
Modified from A Bitter Sweet Wife.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk in milk and eggs. Stir in mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan. Wrap prosciutto slices around the outside of the cup (may cover a majority of the bottom too).
- Pour batter evenly into each cup. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.