We wanted to make some pizza last night with some of our leftover fresh basil and goat cheese. We forgot to check for tomato sauce before going to the store and really didn't feel like going back. I decided to make up a bean spread instead, which is super easy and different! We just threw on ingredients from the fridge. If you don't feel like making your own crust, you can substitute store-bought kind (although it's not as good in my opinion and way more expensive!). We also added blue cheese on top of the goat (feel free to substitute/add) any other cheese also.
IngredientsWhole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- chicken seasoning (if desired - you can simply cook the chicken plain also)
- 1/2 -1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- ~10 fresh basil leaves
- ~4 oz. goat cheese
- ~5 chives, snipped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Coat the chicken breast with chicken rub or other seasonings (you can just use salt and pepper if you'd like). Put about 1 tbsp oil in a hot skillet. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, remove from heat. Once cool, cut into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, put beans, garlic, and cumin in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top the pizza crust with the bean dip (you may have a bit leftover, which is tasty with chips!).
- Add the pepper, jalapeno, basil leaves, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, and chives.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.