Here's the delicious salad we promised. We served this with our salmon dish (Salmon and Caper Delight). The ginger dressing is SO delicious - it's like the ginger dressing from sushi restaurants, but better. It's super easy to make too, I highly recommend it. Who would've thought ketchup goes in ginger dressing?! You could double the dressing recipe and keep it in the fridge for future salads.
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 large carrot, grated (you can buy a bag of pre-grated carrots for time-sake)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- Combine onion, oil, vinegar, ginger, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Process until combined.
- Toss spinach, carrot and bell pepper with the dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.