We both got home from work late last night so wanted to make a nice easy dinner. When I went home for Mother's day last weekend, my parents gave me tons of lettuce from their new garden. To use it up, I found a great shrimp salad recipe from our favorite magazine - Eating Well, of course. I made some shortcuts from the original (like using pre-cooked shrimp and canned corn) and it still turned out great. You can find the original here. We served it with some fresh ciabatta bread and olive oil/balsamic dipping sauce.
- 1/2 head lettuce lettuce
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 of a 15 oz. can white corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound frozen, cooked shrimp
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- Set shrimp out to thaw.
- Combine lettuce, basil, corn and tomatoes in a large bowl. Whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and salt in a small bowl.
- Once shrimp is thawed, add to the lettuce mixture.
- Whisk the dressing again and drizzle over the salad; toss to coat. Grind pepper over the salad and sprinkle with cheese.