Thank you all very much for all the wonderful wishes! We're both pretty pumped about it too. Even amongst all this post engagement bliss we still have to eat—right? Well this week has brought about some challenges as far as meal planning goes. We both have been super busy with work and gearing up for a big Memorial Day weekend. Sooooo we've been trying to empty some salad out of the fridge and topped it with grilled chicken. Not the most exciting or intense meal, but a good one none the less, especially when you spice it up with the zesty dressing (recipe from Eating Well). Although our version turned out a little too zesty, so we suggest altering the lemon intake to tame the citrus explosion. The picture turned out cool though, so we posted it. Anyway, we do really feel it will be delicious if you just decrease the lemon so give it a shot and let us know if you have better luck.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (We suggest starting with 2 tbsp. though, maybe adding 3 max - unless you just love lemon that is!)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Whisk lemon juice, yogurt, honey, cumin, cinnamon and ginger in a small bowl until blended.
- Slowly whisk in oil so that the dressing becomes smooth and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.