wedge salad the other night. I love mushrooms of any type, but I especially love it when they're sauteed with wine - I just think they're so delicious. This steak was very yummy, especially topped with the mushrooms & rosemary - I highly recommend it! Recipe modified from Cooking Light.
- 4 (4-ounce) rib-eye steaks, trimmed (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Add to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer steaks to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Add other 1 tbsp. olive oil to pan. Add mushrooms and sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid almost evaporates. Remove pan from heat; add butter and rosemary, stirring until butter melts. Pour sauce over steaks.