Believe it or not, I never had a wedge salad before Michael and I started dating. I don’t know why because they’re so easy & delicious! This is our first attempt at a homemade wedge (there’s not much to it). The dressing was not exactly what we were hoping it would be. It was pretty good, but wasn’t very creamy – perhaps because it is a ‘low-fat’ blue cheese (dressing recipe from Cooking Light). I’m going to keep experimenting with blue cheese recipes though, I’m determined that homemade blue cheese dressing can be good! We served our wedges alongside some delicious steak. For some reason, every time I think of a wedge salad, I think of steak as the perfect meat to go along with it. We’ll be posting the steak recipe soon! If anyone has suggestions for a good ‘light’ blue cheese dressing, let us know!
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons (2 oz) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- Black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, and 3 tablespoons of the blue cheese.
- Divide the lettuce among plates and spoon the dressing over the top. Top with tomato and cucumber. Sprinkle salad with the remaining tablespoon of cheese and black pepper.