We love sweet potato fries - anytime they are a side option at a restaurant, I just have to order them. We tried to make some homemade ones a while ago, but weren't too pleased with the results. We found a different recipe recently on another blog, Our Best Bites (a great blog - check it out if ya haven't!). Definitely a winner! These are delicious. The recipe below also includes a dipping sauce, which is good, but not a necessity because the fries are so good alone. And since they are baked, it's a good for you snack! We had these with a very yummy steak and seafood entree, which we'll be posting soon. If you have any sweet potatoes sitting around and aren't quite sure what to do with them, I'd suggest making some fries tonight! :)
I hope everyone had a good weekend! We were busy, as usual. I ran the Charlotte 1/2 marathon with my parents. I got my PR - 1:47.54, so was very excited. I also had my Girls on the Run 5k. Does anyone have a GOTR group near them? Its such a great program. This was my first time coaching and I loved it. Check out their website if you're interested in coaching or being a running buddy!
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Slice sweet potatoes into french fry shape and size.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a medium sized bowl and drizzle the olive oil over them. Use your hands to make sure each one is coated.
- Sprinkle on all of the herbs and spices and continue to toss until well coated. Place the fries on the baking sheet. Make sure they are not touching. (If you end up needing more than one cookie sheet make sure they are spaced more than one rack apart in your oven to prevent steaming. Also, rotate the pans when you take them out to flip).
- Place cookie sheet in pre-heated oven. After 15 minutes take pan of oven and flip the fries.
- Put the pan in the oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes (cook until golden brown).
- Take them out of the oven and serve immediately. They cool off very quickly so they're best eaten right away.
- 6oz container plain, low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix honey and yogurt until combined. Add in juice from lime, spices and herbs.