Horseradish Shrimp Topping
We're always in the mood for a good steak but sometimes we feel like we should add a little something extra to it. Don't get me wrong... I think that ninety percent of the time the steak should be left alone. Sometimes we feel like it's nice to pair it with a topping or sauce. This creamy topping it really quick and easy and can be made in advance of your grill time so you're not so rushed. You leave it chilled up until you pull the steaks off the grill. While they're still piping-hot dollop on the topping. As the cream cheese begins to melt on the steak you get a wonderful creamy sauce. It has just enough spice and wonderful chinks of shrimp that pair nicely with a great piece of USDA prime meat (we recommend the strip). Hope you enjoy.
- 1 (8 oz.) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (best if from the canned adobo chiles)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Combine all ingredients and chili until ready to serve.