Happy Super Bowl to you all. I figured I try to find a recipe to post that was somewhat related to Super Bowl type foods. Luckily I had this nacho recipe tucked away for just such an occasion. Just as this recipe may not be your standard nacho this Super Bowl has not been your standard one either. They can't even keep the lights on! I think my favorite joke so far has been "This Katrina tribute is way better than Beyonce." and "Ray Lewis killed the lights." Needless to say I don't think New Orleans will be getting another bid for quite a while. These nachos are really good but I think there may be better ways to utilize crab so maybe don't use the really good stuff for this one. Thats it for now, enjoy the rest of the game!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 to 3 teaspoons toasted ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, cleaned and picked
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 (9-ounce) bag yellow, white, or blue corn tortilla chips
- 3 cups grated pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapeño
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, cumin, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Combine cooked shrimp, crab, sour cream, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Spread tortilla chips on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, and top with jalapeño.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.